WHY LIVE IT?
Unlike most diets, the Live It Diet is easy to learn and understand, doesn’t ask you to count your calories or weigh your food, is sustainable throughout your life stages, and doesn’t make you to feel guilty when you enjoy a slice of birthday cake.
By understanding how food works in your body when you eat it and how government statistics mislead us when it come to nutrition, you can make better, easier and informed decisions on what you put in your mouth.
FOODS YOU CAN EAT ON THE LIVE IT DIET
- Any cut of beef, as well as chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin, buffalo, ostrich, venison*;
- Raw, broiled, baked or grilled fish;
- Green, red, orange, blue or purplish vegetables (with the exception of potatoes);
- Any and all fruits, including dried fruits;
- Almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios;
- Pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds;
- And once you are living the Live It lifestyle, the occasional piece of pie, cake, pastry or frozen yogurt, guilt-free!
*Early on in your desire for weight loss, leaner cuts will produce more rapid and profound weight loss. However, as your weight loss and percent body fat stabilize, all cuts of meat and their associated fat are acceptable.
UNDERSTANDING THE USDA
USDA (United States Dietary Association) guidelines are based on the mistaken beliefs that cholesterol and saturated fat are unhealthy. If red meat and fat were actually major issues, Americans would be substantially healthier and thinner. And yet, since the 1970s, the US consumption of red meat has been reduced over 30%, and consumption of the fat associated with red meat is down by more than 50%.
Americans following USDA dietary guidelines have been rewarded with widespread nutrient deficiencies, as well as a proliferation of obesity, degenerative disease, and problems with growth, behavior, and learning disabilities in our children. Our government promotes a low-fat, carb-based diet that ignores the vital role animal protein and fat have played in human nutrition throughout history.
THE LIVE IT LIFESTYLE WORKS
Clients who follow the Live It Diet and Exercise Program have experienced:
- Weight loss;
- Higher physical endurance and stamina;
- Better and more restful sleep;
- More energy;
- Greater happiness with what they see in the mirror;
- Reversal or slowing of conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol;
- Elimination or reduction of the need for prescription medications;
- Better immunity;
- Greater satisfaction at work and at home;
- Relief at having a diet and exercise program where you don’t count calories, measure food or require extra time for your workouts.
M.D. Anderson does not endorse this product or its company or services.